Tuesday 14 October 2008

Wright Practise

I decided to have a go at the Edgar Wright techniques using the video camera on my phone because I didn't have access to a proper camera today as I have been at home ill. Hopefully I can use the school camera tomorrow and film some stuff using people and maybe do a little scene in which all the techniques are used. In my three phone videos I am alone in my room so the stuff I am filming is pretty boring and I moved a big black button in front of the camera for my wipe because I'm still not really sure how they are done and it seems to look okay. I'm pretty sure that wipes are done using effects on a computer after it's all been filmed and I've spent ages trawling the web for anyone who knows how the hell to do it but it seems nobody does. All the definitions I've found are describing something different - a really cheap-looking shape transition (circle, star, heart etc) which I will NOT be using in my film.

But here are my first attempts anyway...

THE WIPE

THE 3 SHOT ZOOM

Yes this is a rather attractive picture of Seth Rogen. It makes me laugh and freaks me out probably in equal quantities.

THE WHIP PAN

For my whip pan I decided to "add some interest" with my hand in the shot but it clearly looks very lame. Please forgive me. For the two "scenes" I differentiated between the two by having different lights on in each shot to make it look like two different locations.

No comments: