Thursday 2 October 2008

Preliminary task



In this video I filmed two of my classmates (Amy and Lottie) having a "job interview". I didn't write a script so they improvised the whole thing but had to try and repeat it about 5 times for each camera angle so it was really nice of them to do it for me!
I edited together a much longer version but I realised Amy had mentioned the slaughter house twice and there was no way of editing it out without deleting two whole chunks of Q&A. It reminded me how important planning and having a script is to making it all look smooth and professional.
For filming I used a camera on a tripod so it wasn't shaky like my first video. I tried to fit in lots of shots and angles like in my first film and I think it flows quite well.
For one bit of the video I extracted the audio from about 2 seconds of Amy's dialogue and put in a reaction shot of Lottie while Amy is still talking in the background. I thought it would be really complicated but once you know how it was quite easy and I am very happy with the results. One problem I had with it was I deleted the visual clip of Amy instead of putting it with my other unused clips. I saved it then watched the full video back and realised I would have preferred to put the reaction shot a bit further on but because I had saved I couldn't get the clip of Amy back. I must remember now to NEVER delete clips until I am 100% certain I will not be using it.
Despite my problems I am happy with my final video and am confident that things will run more smoothly in my final film introduction.

No comments: